Saturday, August 5, 2023

re Palos Verdes Estates Police

My previous experience with PvE police was positive. But they may have hired a new young hothead cop- he yelled at me for the way I was backing up - apparently not aware that I was doing so because he had stopped a car in the lane which I would naturally use if he was not there.  I was trying to avoid getting too close to him and the vehicle he was ticketing. 

I think he misinterpreted what I was trying to do or showed a lack of self-awareness (that he was blocking a lane). He may also have mis-identified me as a "young punk" - sometimes from afar some people still think I'm a young man. Until they get close and see the lines and wrinkles on my face & the grey sideburns.

 But I'm 56 now. I guess I have to wait until I'm 65 and an official senior citizen to get some respect. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/MWPCZ6K2opC58ns98