Saturday, September 19, 2026

re Naval Air Station Oceana1750 Tomcat Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23460

0n 9.19.26 Everything at the air show is fine although entering and exiting were the two main problems. First London Bridge road,everyone was turning into an entrance and then at the last second when I turn I see it said "VIP entrance".

 They should have had a sign way before the turning area that says "VIPs turn left everybody else keep going". So I said to the gal "how do I get to the main entrance and she turns to the guy " do you know how he gets to the main entrance? " 

Say what? You guys work here and you're not even sure? The guy says "take three lefts". You got people coming in from all over the country basically. Blue Angels fanatics who follow them like me. And this is my first time here and probably first time for a lot of other people as well.

 Anyways I made it in after a long slow entrance very long line. The rest of the day was fine entering the screening was okay no problem they weren't being jerks. I took lot of pictures finally the Blue Angels did their thing on time no delay. 

Then I'm leaving -I actually was thinking maybe I'll just wait till everybody clears out then I'll leave rather than sitting a long procession of slow vehicles to the exit. But I looked at my Google maps and I didn't see that much red so I said " let's give it a try". 

And we started going pretty good clip at first but then it slowed down as all the various streams entered the main river of traffic. So I say I'll just pull off over here there's an mostly empty lot over here and I tell the pock face Latino in camouflage directing traffic that I'm going to pull over and just rest for a while because my car is also running a little hot -it's an older car.

 That was the mistake telling him my plans cuz he took it as a question like I was asking permission, So instantly he said " I cannot let you do that sir." I told him I am having engine trouble (true)...if I overheat here and stall you will have a lot more problems then if I park in the boy scouts area for 1 hour. The show is over the boy scouts don't need that lot again until tomorrow if they're coming back I won't be here tomorrow I can assure you. 

. He repeated "I cannot let you do that sir that parking lot is for boy scouts." Like a broken record without a brain.. Blah blah blah. finally I said "are you retarded ?"

 Most people in such situation would be glad to have people pulling out and arresting and waiting rather than voluntarily waiting to leave, decreasing the traffic. He just couldn't figure it out.

 Or he thought this was his big chance to be bossy to a white guy. That's the way that's the way it is when you get these the lowest level people when they get a chance to make a decision they become instant tyrant.

At that moment a couple of military police officers were driving by I said hey this guy won't let me pull out to cool down my car. They immediately summed up the situation and said it's okay pull over park over there by the boy scout law problem solved. One hour later my car was cooled down, traffic was better and I left.👍




 
Uploaded Image Uploaded Image Uploaded Image