Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I'M BECOMING convince that most people go thru drive-thru not only 4 food but because they are lonely

I'M BECOMING convinced that many people go thru drive-thru not only 4 food but because they are lonely. I'm the kind of guy who goes thru a drive-thru because I want to get in and out as quick as possible. I want my food and want to get back on the road. However, I have repeatedly observed that almost always the person in the car in front of me has a conversation with the clerk . I myself have no idea what the long conversation could be about, because when I pull up to the microphone I say what I want without equivocation, and end it quickly by saying "That's all." My order takes about 15 seconds. Yet I very rarely ever see anybody else take such a short time . I almost always see a conversation taking place almost as if they know each other but that's impossible. Thus, I've come to the conclusion that the person placing the order is talking about what they want to eat, what is on the item, about special requests, and then changing an item, and adding another etc, all for the sake of simply being in the company of another, if only on a microphone (because surely, almost all these people have been at this drive-thru previously, but they are posing as if they have never been there before ). 

 I believe these people are lonely and they find solace in this sort of interaction. I would like to test this hypothesis ...or I would like to see a social psychologist test it...; it's the only answer I can find to this paradox...it's crazy, but maybe true !





--
"And we know that in all things God works
for the good of those who love Him,..."

Romans 8.28